Big City brought the Cardinals back from the dead last night on a eighth inning bomb and Paul DeJong sealed the deal in the ninth to give the Cardinals a win. Miles Mikolas is on the mound against the Pirates as the Cardinals go for the series victory. Follow along!
- Mikolas throws 24 pitches in the first inning, quite uncharacteristically, but is able to exit the frame without giving up a run.
- Cardinals get two on with no out in the bottom of the first and things go their way. Marcell Ozuna hits a line drive base hit to the wall and two runs score. Ozuna’s 77th and 78th RBI of the season. 2-0 Cardinals through one inning.
- After a choppy first inning, the Lizard King strikes out the side in the second.
- A double by Josh Bell and a base knock from Corey Dickerson in the fourth cuts the Cardinals lead in half.
- Joe Musgrove retires 14 in a row between the second and fifth inning for the Pirates.
- Redbirds get the bases loaded and no one out in the sixth for Marcell Ozuna. Ozuna strikes out. But, a gift from Musgrove! A wild pitch! Carpenter scores! Then DeJong drives in another run on a sac fly. Cardinals up 4-1 headed to the seventh.
- Mikolas night is over after seven solid innings. He throws 107 pitches, gives one run on five hits, strikes out seven and walks one. Miles is set up for his first victory over the Pirates this season.
- The Cardinals have the bases loaded again in the seventh, this time with one out. And its another wild pitch! Cards take on another run! 5-1 Cardinals through seven innings.
- Bud Norris is in the game in the eighth. He doesn’t stink.
- Kolten Wong’s hustle leads to him scoring in the bottom of the eighth.
- CAPTAIN CANADA TYLER O’NEILL HITS A MOONSHOT! This game get blown wide open! 9-1 Cardinals!
- Adolis Garcia gets his first MLB RBI with a ground rule double to score Yairo Munoz. Double digits for the Birds now.
- Sac fly from Ozuna. 79 RBI on the season now. 11-1 Cardinals.
- Luke Weaver is into the game in the ninth. He gives up a run. And then another. Then two more. Yikes, Weaver has fallen off quickly.
- John Breccia finally ends this game and it’s a Redbird winner!
- Cardinals beat the Pirates 11-5.
- The Cardinals win their 81st game of the year.
Cardinals go for the sweep tomorrow afternoon! Jameson Taillon vs. Daniel Poncedeleon is the matchup as the Cardinals keep pace in the NL playoff hunt.